1. "Insanity Thy Name Is Stimulus" Pretty much nails it.
Representative Sample: Obama is trying to use money we do not have and that will have to be repaid by taxpayers to win the midterm election. He wants to throw this money at the problem in hopes that things will get better in time to turn the election around. This simply will not happen and it shows how naive and inexperienced he really is. He does not understand the economy and he has no idea of the actual mood of the electorate.
2. "Peaceful Afghans Protest Koran Burning By Burning American Flags, Chanting 'Death to America'" It doesn't take much to get that sort of reaction.
Representative Sample: The embassy made sure not to offend anyone and criticized only the dude in Florida.
3. "Julian Baggini on Science vs. Religion" Interesting post that is commenting on another article.
Representative Sample: although it is true that science doesn't rule out a role for religion in providing meaning, or a God who kick-started the whole universe off in the first place, it does leave presumed dead in the water anything like the God most people over history have believed in: one who is closely involved in his creation, who intervenes in our lives, and with whom we can have a personal relationship.
4. "Liberal Emotional Crack Up" Obama has to be one of the biggest whiners to ever occupy the Oval Office.
Representative Sample: It is not about race or anger or evil or corrupt company execs. It’s about failing, and then being fired by the bosses of this nation – We The People. You were never the paradigms of virtue you liked to pretend to be, in fact you were not even remotely capable to match results with your overblown rhetoric. So don’t over react to being voted out of office.
5. "Somali Pirates: The UN offers Seven Options" None of which involve doing anything that would actually end the piracy problem.
Representative Sample: U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon offered the Security Council seven options for grappling with the piracy problem, ranging from simple legal support for individual nations to a full international court established by the council, the U.N.'s most powerful body.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.