1. "45 million killed in 4 years, “digits”" The price of communism.
Representative Sample: Mr Dikötter, who has been studying Chinese rural history from 1958 to 1962, when the nation was facing a famine, compared the systematic torture, brutality, starvation and killing of Chinese peasants to the Second World War in its magnitude. At least 45 million people were worked, starved or beaten to death in China over these four years
2. "The "Ground Zero" Mosque: A Project Based on Con-men and Special Priviledges" More good reasons for opposition to the project.
Representative Sample: What we are dealing with, then, is not “Islamophobia” but special privileges accorded to a group beyond what others would have received. This has been done, in part, by politicians who wanted to bask in the light of pretended tolerance
3. "Bashir Insanity" Foreign policy incompetence Sudan edition?
Representative Sample: After long, and reportedly heated, arguments inside the White House over the proper balance between carrot and stick, officials have produced a document that is highly specific about inducements and carefully vague about threats. Despite veiled references to "accountability," the statement is silent on the ICC indictments.
4. "Hitler’s Remarks About Religion (And, Specifically, Christianity)" A useful reminder for anyone listening to the Pope's ludicrous anti-atheist propaganda.
Representative Sample: “My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison.
5. "Alexander the Great used ancient kevlar-like armor" Interesting historical article.
Representative Sample: After a successful reproduction of the armor, the findings showed an ancient concept to modern kevlar armor. Extremely durable to conditions, and very effective against arrows, swords, and other ancient slash and stab weapons Alexander and his men would have faced.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.