1. "Former Spanish Prime Minister José Maria Aznar launches pro-Israel initiative" A non-Jewish, pro-Israel group based in Europe. There's something you don't hear about every day. This is an interview with Aznar.
Representative Sample: the threat is the delegitimization of the state of Israel, first of all. The threat is the weakness of the European system, the Western system of values. The fear is that one could decide that at this moment Israel is something that is not worth defending, that millions of people are not important, that it's better to reach an agreement with radical Islam.
2. "O'Donnellphobia" Interesting election analysis.
Representative Sample: I don't see what all the hysterics are about. Until recently, I didn't believe Republicans had a chance in a million of picking up ten Senate seats this year -- which is what it takes for the GOP to seize the majority. But now, I think we have an excellent chance -- with or without Delaware.
3. "Christine O’Donnell, I don’t trust her" Reasons why O'Donnell isn't exactly an ideal candidate.
Representative Sample: Let’s see.how the Republican candidate for Delaware's Senate seat shapes up against my nutball profile. It’s pretty scary folks.
4. "Creator of "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" forced to change identity for safety" Unfortunately not a surprise. Excellent points in this post.
Representative Sample: A religion that reacts in such a way does not deserve respect or politeness. People have every right to believe whatever nonsense they want, but they do not have the right to force those beliefs on others.
5. "Japan: The Big Cost of Small Arms" And you thought ridiculous prices and military cost overruns were ripping off U.S. taxpayers. At least we aren't Japan.
Representative Sample: Japan has the sixth largest defense budget in the world, yet has only 240,000 military personnel. Where does all the money go? The answer, in part, is it goes to expensive weapons. Very expensive weapons.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.