1. "We’re Winning, But We Haven’t Won" Things to keep in mind.
Representative Sample: That doesn’t mean that landslide has arrived. Voters can be fickle and the gains we on the right have made can disappear in a day or two if we think we can coast into November. Matthew has rightly noted that we are pushing all the issues to the right, but we certainly can not stop now. We have to keep pushing the bedrock ideals of conservatism — Less spending, government in the hands of the people, taxes responsibly asked for and spent
2. "It’s all the Republicans’ fault because they hate gays (or so the media would have us believe)" We aren't supposed to pay attention to the other reasons for voting against that defense bill.
Representative Sample: The media is very disappointed that a defense spending bill went down in flames, not over the question of spending, but over the issue of DADT.
3. "Ben Shapiro's List of Five Most Annoying Republicans" Hard to keep it to only 5.
Representative Sample: Although we cheerfully lap up articles that pick apart Democrats, "progressives," liberals, and leftists, we know that Republicans are only human, so in the interest of fair and balanced coverage
4. "Finding Patient Zero in the High Fructose Corn Syrup Hate Epidemic" Where did the demonization of this ingredient begin?
Representative Sample: In the Atlantic today, food writer and contrarian James McWilliams traces the roots of the Blame High Fructose Corn Syrup First movement
5. "Oh Noes Not Santa!!" Pretty funny.
Representative Sample: It's a cartoon.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.