1. "Perhaps President Obama could start the Middle East Peace Process by halting the slaughter of Shiite Muslims by Sunni Muslims" Good luck with that. Worrying about the Palestinians is just so much more important.
Representative Sample: Before we worry about peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis, perhaps President Obama should extend his outreach to the Muslim world community by brokering some kind of peace deal between the Shiite and Sunni sects.
2. "The GOP’s demographic problem" A possible problem but a bit overblown. Latinos aren't stupid. They can understand the difference between dislike of illegal immigration and racial bias.
Representative Sample: The Republican Party can legitimately lick its chops getting ready for the oncoming midterms. It would take more than an epic collapse of public opinion to keep November from being an absolute bloodbath for Democrats. Looking down the road, however, things are little more bleak, and the darkest spot is the demographic reality of the United States electorate in the coming decades.
3. "The End of U.S. Maritime Dominance? Not So Fast Argues Naval Strategist" The U.S. Navy will remain the dominant power at sea for longer than many think.
Representative Sample: Tonnage wise, the U.S. battle fleet has a 2.63:1 advantage over a combined Chinese-Russian fleet. Factoring in the advantage the U.S. Navy possesses in its vertical launch magazines (actual strike power) an enormous 20-power superiority exists.
4. "Detecting subtle shifts in the balance of power" In contrast to the above link, this post sees a shift vis a vis China in the seas around Taiwan.
Representative Sample: As a country, we have become so accustomed to projecting air and sea power with impunity anywhere in the world that the idea that our aircraft could be shot down or surface ships sunk seems like science fiction. But China has been studying how to undermine the way we do battle for decades, and its efforts are bearing fruit.
5. "Eliminationist Anti-Semitism, Right Here at Home: Al Quds Rally, DuPont Circle, Washington, D.C., September 3, 2010" Why people aren't thrilled with Islam, exhibit #1982908098. Includes video.
Representative Sample: Via Bare Naked Islam, "While Netanyahu and Abbas meet in Washington to humor the clueless American foreign policy decider-in-chief ... Muslim radicals and their diehard leftie supporters (i.e., Code Pinko) gather in Washington to call for the elimination of the Jewish State of Israel"
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.