1. "What Do You Get When You Run Out of Other People’s Money? Riots!" That's the problem with entitlements. After they are in place for even a short while, people feel entitled to them.
Representative Sample: Socialist states are going broke. They’re running out of other people’s money. The people are being asked to wait until they are – I hope you are sitting down for this – sixty two years old to retire! It’s as if an entire generation has lost its ability to think and reason.
2. "$320k Salary Paid Out to Jersey Turnpike Employee" Somehow a base salary of 73k turned into 320+. My state government in action.
Representative Sample: Auditors say the New Jersey Turnpike Authority wasted $43 million on unneeded perks and bonuses.
3. "Michelle Obama 'Cleaning Up the Spirits'" Wait for the press to jump on this comment as an example of lunatic religious beliefs. Oh wait, she's not a Republican. Nevermind.
Representative Sample: let me just tell your listeners that it means all the world to us to know that there are prayer circles out there and people who are keeping the spirits clean around us.
4. "The Individual Utility of Incompetence" This could explain a lot.
Representative Sample: the promotion and retention of incompetent workers would seem to run counter to the rational interests of the larger organization. So why does this behavior persist? Why are less competent workers able to retain their positions and, in some cases, obtain promotions?
5. "Prosecutor Wants To Jail Parents For Skipping School Conferences" It's for the children. Another apostle of big government nanny-statism.
Representative Sample: This is exactly the sort of mentality that leads Americans to be fearful of government-run anything and everything.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.