1. "Was TARP Good for the Taxpayers?" No. A must-read analysis for anyone wondering about that question.
Representative Sample: even if we put aside all the above complications and concede that the TARP injections into the banks "made money," it was for the politicians, not the taxpayers. I certainly don't remember getting a dividend check in the mail for my share of the $7 billion profit
2. "Muslim Brotherhood Declares War on America; Will America Notice?" It might get in the way of pandering to Islam.
Representative Sample: This is one of those obscure Middle East events of the utmost significance that is ignored by the Western mass media, especially because they happen in Arabic, not English; by Western governments, because they don't fit their policies; and by experts, because they don't mesh with their preconceptions.
3. "The ObamaCare Tumble….Obama Can Now Pick & Choose Who Must Play By The Rules" Only the little people have to follow the rules.
Representative Sample: David Whelan asks the obvious question. If all it takes for these companies to get out from under the ObamaCare monstrosity is to ask…can individuals ask and receive the same kind of generosity from our Socialist leaders?
4. "Think Again: The Afghan Surge" Just in case you aren't pessimistic enough about Afghanistan.
Representative Sample: the Afghan Army continues to suffer from high turnover rates and will not be ready to face the Taliban without support anytime soon. The Afghan Army's disastrous offensive in the northeastern Laghman province in August, which left dozens of Afghan soldiers dead or captured after a Taliban ambush, was a stern reminder of the military's lack of trained officers and fighting spirit.
5. "Democrats Stimulating Dead People" Government efficiency in action.
Representative Sample: Here’s a thought: Maybe instead of collecting taxes from us and then redistributing those tax dollars back to us in a clumsily-administrated mailing of checks…they should just let us keep more of our own tax dollars to begin with. Saving us not just the price of the taxes but the price of administering their collection and redistribution as well.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.