1. "The fake U.S.-Israel crisis: Obama's flawed response to an ally's gaffe" This article is a nice way of saying that the Obama administration's foreign policy with regard to the Middle East is totally incompetent.
Representative Sample:The bigger message that will be unintentionally have been delivered to the world at the end of all this is that the United States is willing to get fierce with its friend Israel over a perceived insult but that we are likely to remain ineffective in the face of self-declared Iranian enemies' efforts to destabilize the entire Middle East with nuclear weapons
2. "Could 'reform' drive doctors out of medicine?" Doctors not thrilled with more big government involvement in health care.
Representative Sample:The New England Journal of Medicine cites interesting poll numbers on the reaction of physicians to proposed federal legislation that would greatly expand the government's role in medicine.
3. "The China Syndrome Counterpunch" Why China's ownership of U.S. debt isn't as dangerous as it might seem.
Representative Sample: One fear that obsesses too many folks is that the People's Republic of China, a.k.a. Red China, "owns" a scandalous chunk of our national debt in the form of U.S. Treasury bonds; and that they will somehow be able to use these holdings to force us to dance to the tune they pipe, turning America into a Chinese vassal state.
4. "America's Shiny New Palestinian Militia" We're paying $100 million a year to arm and train our enemies.
Representative Sample:"The stupidest program the U.S. government has ever undertaken" – last year that's what I called American efforts to improve the Palestinian Authority (PA) military force. Slightly hyperbolic, yes, but the description fits because those efforts enhance the fighting power of enemies of the United States and its Israeli ally.
5. "Stunner: Census Bureau Already Way Over Budget" When do government programs ever come in on budget or under budget?
Representative Sample:This is what happens when you farm out the census to community organizers. The money goes down a rathole and nobody has any explanation.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.