1. "When Leftwingers Attack" Things to keep in mind the next time some leftist starts whining in fear about dangerous right-wing extremists.
Representative Sample: the next time some Obama-gargling wanker starts whining about "the violence" he fears will come to him because of his political posturing, remind him where the real political violence in America comes from and where it has always come from. You can do this by handing him a mirror.
2. "Can Congress Regulate Something You Haven’t Purchased Yet To Make You Purchase It?" Of course, since for Democrats the Constitution means whatever they think it should mean.
Representative Sample: they can tax and regulate something that you haven’t purchased that they are making you purchase under tax and commerce clauses that are about things you might purchase but you haven’t purchased but they mandate you purchase?
3. "Rising sea settles territorial dispute" Climate change solves intractable problem.
Representative Sample:Disputes between countries over maritime rock outcrops, like New Moore Island in the Bay of Bengal, are not uncommon. One of the strangest disputes, involving six countries, is over the Spratlys in the South China Sea.
4. "US drone raids could land CIA officers in court: expert" The sheer insanity that can come from blind legalism.
Representative Sample: In written testimony, Anderson told the subcommittee of the House Oversight and Government Reform committee that officials and legal advisers at the CIA or the national security council who create "target lists" could face possible charges abroad over the drone war.
5. "Mercs vs. Pirates: Deadly Shootout on the High Seas"Armed guards that shoot back at pirates kill pirates and prevent piracy. Not a big surprise, but some people still aren't convinced.
Representative Sample: Hiring armed private security to protect against pirate attack is still considered a controversial move. Companies are concerned about liability and insurance issues, and some security consultancies say that the main job of hired guns is to avoid a deadly escalation in the first place.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.