1. "Low-Tax Texas Versus Big-Government California"Guess which state is doing better.
Representative Sample: Texas' economy has been booming. Unemployment rates have been below the national average for more than a decade, as companies small and large generate new jobs.
2. "How to Fix the Deficit, Pt. 1 - The Fun Stuff"A good start.
Representative Sample: Currently, gambling, prostitution and drug use are illegal in most states. There are also federal drug laws, and federal laws against online gambling. All of these things both cost money to enforce, and represent lost revenue.
3. "Twenty Years After the Fall of the Tyrant" Interesting article on a country you don't hear that much about.
Representative Sample: Romania's tyrant Nicolae Ceausescu ran one of Europe's most ruthlessly repressive dictatorships until 1989 when he and his wife Elena were overthrown by their captive subjects and executed on television. The country had been so thoroughly brutalized by its own government that it was still an emergency room case even years after its communist rulers were dispatched.
4. "About That "Sarah Palin Going To Canada For Health Care" Story..."The latest leftist attack on Palin even more ignorant than usual.
Representative Sample: I'm no fan of Palin, but it tells us precisely nothing about Sarah Palin or Canadian health care that her family might have used the system there in the 1960s.
5. "Brothers in arms" India & Israel.
Representative Sample: Since 1991, India has purchased $8.5 billions worth of Israeli weaponry, making Jerusalem its second-largest arms supplier, after Russia.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.