1. "Liberals Are Mostly Not Exactly Like Terrorists" This is a must-read.
Representative Sample: So are liberals just like terrorists? Now, most people, when asked that question, would immediately answer, “Why, yes, of course.” All the obvious parallels are there. Both terrorists and liberals have an utter disdain for the average American, hate America and wish to destroy its freedoms, hate all our military interventions in the Middle East, dislike Israel, are suspicious of American patriotism, and are foul smelling. Plus, Americans would feel much safer if both were locked up somewhere in Cuba.
2. "Theodore Dalrymple on Self-Esteem vs. Self-Respect" This article would probably damage the self-esteem of people with low self-esteem.
Representative Sample:Self-esteem is, of course, a term in the modern lexicon of psychobabble, and psychobabble is itself the verbal expression of self-absorption without self-examination. The former is a pleasurable vice, the latter a painful discipline. An accomplished psychobabbler can talk for hours about himself without revealing anything.
3. "Unruly Clients: The Trouble with Allies" We have some troublesome ones. Links a good article.
Representative Sample: the episode highlights a central flaw in American security strategy: reliance on allies whose perceptions, priorities, values, and objectives tend to be quite different from our own
4. "My Top 5 Cyber Fallacies" Misperceptions about cyberwarfare.
Representative Sample: This fallacy paints China as the number one adversary in anything having to do with cyber conflict in spite of the fact that there isn’t a shred of historical evidence to prove it. The Peoples Republic of China has never engaged in military operations utilizing its IW capabilities against another nation state.
5. "The Widening Vortex of Catholic Scandal" The latest direct connections with the pope.
Representative Sample: Lately, it seems that no matter how often I write about the ever-widening story of Roman Catholic bishops and the Pope protecting child molesters, new details keep bubbling up that demand another update. Well, I'm happy to oblige.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.