1. "This Time, Our Sin Wasn’t Apathy" Excellent points.
Representative Sample: the lesson we should take from this isn’t that the American people are stupid, or that we don’t care. It isn’t event that we put the wrong people in charge. It’s that government is not your friend. It serves a different master than the one envisioned by its founders and described in its Constitution. The healthcare bill is all the proof one should ever need to believe in limited government.
2. "Free Obamacare Coupon! Limit one per visit!" Sums it up.
Representative Sample:It's a graphic.
3. "Why Obama's health-care victory won't make him stronger" I often disagree with Walt, but I think he has it right in this article.
Representative Sample: Will yesterday’s passage of health-care reform give a positive jolt to U.S. foreign policy? Is Obama the new “comeback kid,” with new clout at home and a more formidable hand to play abroad? Will he now pivot from domestic affairs to foreign policy and achieve a dazzling set of diplomatic victories? My answers: no, no, and no.
4. "We are defending an aberration in a fighting withdrawal" A little over the top, but not by that much.
Representative Sample: Millions of Americans would prefer not have to worry about taking care of themselves and their families. In exchange for the removal of this worry, they are willing to submit to and become dependent on the state. They voluntarily surrender their liberties and look naturally to the state for their needs. They have become the serfs of the soft despotism of a Leviathan state.
5. "The Ant and The Grasshopper in the Age of Obama" An updated version of an old fable.
Representative Sample:Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.