1. "By Way of Deception thou Shalt Make War" This is pretty much my opinion on the Dubai assassination.
Representative Sample: Viewed within the many actions against the "war on global terror", there is now one less arch-terrorist among the living. No one in his right mind should cry over the demise of this mastermind in murderous terrorism.
2. "Atlas, Shrugging" Examples of why I don't have a mystical veneration for "the law."
Representative Sample:These are just three examples of the way that laws are written so that everybody violates laws every day. They reminded me of a passage in Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged where Dr. Ferris from the State Science Institute is talking to Hank Reardon about his illegal sales of his metal.
3. "MOST CONSERVATIVE, LIBERAL IN CONGRESS ANNOUNCED BY NATIONAL JOURNAL" Always interesting, as these ratings are often used during campaigns.
Representative Sample: 1. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) 1. Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
4. "Ten rules for writing fiction" Pretty interesting if you've ever attempted fiction, or have any aspirations.
Representative Sample: Never use a verb other than "said" to carry dialogue. The line of dialogue belongs to the character; the verb is the writer sticking his nose in. But "said" is far less intrusive than "grumbled", "gasped", "cautioned", "lied".
5. "Ukraine may become world's sixth biggest arms trader" Major surge in Ukrainian arms deals.
Representative Sample: The output of Ukrainian defense plants grew by 58% in 2009, which would unable Ukraine to rank as the world's sixth largest arms trader
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.