1. "Keynesian Doublespeak" There's been a lot of that lately.
Representative Sample:Obama is still introducing new programs such as his “green jobs” program with the justification that they will “create jobs.” Despite failure after failure, the promises and rhetoric never changed…Until now.
2. "GOP Needs to Win Back the Elite" Fortunately the Democrats are almost certainly helping with that goal, as more and more people become disillusioned with Obama.
Representative Sample: the GOP has a problem with college graduates and the 200k+ crowd. Although not identical, the GOP lost both the last time out. The party of Prescott Bush is now the party of Palin.
3. "Is China a paper tiger?" Good question. Provocative post.
Representative Sample: within a few years after the decline begins - circa 2020-2030 - the Chinese empire will begin to unravel, if it hasn't begun before then. It was cobbled together after WWII from a vast array of provinces and cultures, and is as fragile as the old Soviet Union
4. "Heaviest Element Yet Known to Science Discovered" Unfortunately it's useless and harmful.
Representative Sample: is inert, and has no charge and no magnetism. Nevertheless, it can be detected because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.
5. "How the right to arms saved the non-violent civil rights protesters" The right to bear arms is the ultimate guarantee of other rights.
Representative Sample: The knowledge that I had these weapons and was willing to use them kept enemies at bay. Years later, in a changed Mississippi, this was confirmed by a former prominent leader of the White Knights of the KKK when we had an interesting dinner together at Jackson.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.