1. "What 9/11 Means" One of the better articles I read yesterday.
Representative Sample:Terrorists are not 'criminals', they are not 'freedom-fighters', they are not 'misunderstood'. They do not have equal standing with the people they attack and kill. They do not have civil rights under any established law. They do not enjoy protection under the Geneva Convention.
2. "Flight 93" The reserve militia and defense against terrorism.
Representative Sample: The only part of the American national security establishment that successfully defended America on 9/11 was the portion of the reserve militia on board Flight 93, acting without orders, without hierarchy, without uniforms or weapons, by spontaneous organization and action.
3. "Bin Laden's Bodyguard of Lies" The role of Pakistan.
Representative Sample: The problem is that these Islamic radicals have been operating openly in the ISI for three decades, and were put there by the government in the late 1970s, when it was decided that Islamic conservatism was the solution for Pakistan's problems
4. "Iran: What would you do if you were Prime Minister of Israel?" I wouldn't want to be in his position, but if I were, a nuclear first strike on Iran would definitely be an option under consideration.
Representative Sample: what would you do if Prime Minister of Israel? When a lot men, including the head of state, say they want to kill, indeed have killed you in this instance, do you take them at their words
5. "9-11: Eight Years Later" The differences between then and now. With video of the attack.
Representative Sample: Today? People remember the day’s events, but not the impact of them. This will continue the further removed we are from the most deadly attack on American soil.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.