Saturday, September 19, 2009

HOT5 Daily 9/19/2009

1. "The Last Black President" I think his points apply more to Obama supporters & the left in general than to the president personally. I don't hold the president responsible for the constant false accusations of racism.

Representative Sample: If the public had realized that, by voting for a man who promised to move us beyond race, they would be slathered with the stigma of racism every time they raised a questioning hand on an issue, we would now be having these vocal fights over HillaryCare, not ObamaCare.

2. "Muslim teen sues Abercrombie& Fitch" U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is actually suing in support of wearing the hijab.

Representative Sample: Maybe I should sue Hooters for not hiring me because I’m a male, or maybe I should sue CAIR for not hiring me cause I’m a non-Muslim.

3. "Damage Control" Weakness breeds aggression. I'm not sure his proposal is a good idea right now, but the rest of his analysis is dead-on.

Representative Sample:I don't want a war with Russia. But I think we're more likely to get a war by giving Russians with aggressive tendencies a reason to think they can get away with war. Let's not give them reason to think eastern NATO is outside of our defense perimeter.

4. "Hope & Change" No matter how bad things are, they can always get worse. 

Representative Sample: It's a graphic.

5. "Jesus Is Not A Suitable Contraceptive" Good title.

Representative Sample: It turns out preaching conservative religion does NOT work in preventing teen pregnancies. Actually quite the opposite would be true. You can look at how religious a state is overall and use that as a pretty good indicator for how high the teen pregnancy rate is.

To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.

2 comments:

  1. Having read the study, looked at maps, etc... the notion that religiosity is correlated with teen pregnancy also seems to be related to race.

    I'm not denying that blacks in the South are very religious, and I also suspect that being black might make one less susceptible to "teens having a baby will ruin their lives" argument.

    I'm not suggesting the study is wrong, I'm suggesting it is superficial. Religion is only one part of multiple factors in teen pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! Glad somebody is reading what I write. :)

    ReplyDelete