1. "Why Do We Have 1,000 Page Congressional Bills?" Good question.
Representative Sample: Who could possibly read over 3,000 pages of legislation and make any kind of intelligent vote on it. I don’t know about you, but I have read regulatory “prose” and after 10 pages or so, I need to take a walk around and get a cup of coffee, just to clear my head.
2. "My Response" To the constant cries of racism.
Representative Sample: Abuse of a word or concept robs it of its power. Once the accusation of racism was devastating, now it’s just annoying and merely signifies that a leftist disagrees with you.
3. "When it comes to Cyber Warfare: Shoot the Hostage" Some solutions that could greatly reduce cyber attacks.
Representative Sample: the best solution, bar none, is to metaphorically “shoot the hostage”, thus denying an adversary of both his weapons (1) malware configured for the Windows OS and (2) his attack platform - the most reliable Internet services companies in the world.
4. "Notion That Violence is Animalistic Reduces Support for War" Interesting but I'm skeptical.
Representative Sample: It suggests one way to curb violent behavior against outsiders — including support for war — might be to emphasize the idea that violence is an expression of instincts we share with our fellow animals. This concept appears to dampen the gung-ho spirit of aggressive militarists.
5. "American Vice: Mapping the 7 Deadly Sins" A pretty clever use of statistics.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.