1. "After Metternich and Kissinger, Dr. Phil?" Even Rothkopf, who likes Obama, is getting tired of his utterly spineless foreign policy.
Representative Sample: One message that seems to have been sent by the Obama administration thus far: If you challenge us, we will reward you. If you abuse us, we will reward you a lot. But don't think we're going soft. Beware: If you are a friend or a needed ally, we will punish you. (Or is that three messages?)
2. "World bank wants to tax us" Us too. Just say no.
Representative Sample: they talk about spending billions upon billions to keep the temperature from rising more than 2 degrees. They don’t mention anything about guarantees that spending 99 billion will stop the temperature from rising or that a certain amount is enough.
3. "Ballistic Missiles: The Ostrich Defense" Except that real ostriches are smarter about defending themselves than Obama.
Representative Sample: this unrequited concession will only weaken America’s bargaining position on multiple issues. It is especially disquieting, however, that the administration has chosen to justify the decision as it has. The justification itself is logically weak, on even the most cursory inspection,
4. "Putting Faith in its Place" A useful video.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
5. "One Cheer for Obama's Foreign Policy" Pipes identifies one positive sign with regard to the Middle East.
Representative Sample:The Obama administration has established an alarmingly naïve and dangerous record on Arab-Israeli issues, leading me to worry about spectacular policy failures ahead. But it has initiated one innovative and positive policy deserving high praise.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.