1. "Reality Sinking In For Democrats" Some of them, maybe.
Representative Sample: it is the Democrats who have twisted the politics so as to overstate the reality underlying the 2008 presidential and congressional elections. While Democrats won big in 2008, that win did not reflect any liberal shift in the population.
2. "Germany’s ‘Armed Social Workers’: Fail?" More on Germany in Afghanistan.
Representative Sample: Where the incident has prompted some real soul-searching, however, has been in Germany. The Bundeswehr presence in Afghanistan has been sold to Germany’s pacifist-leaning public as a peacekeeping and humanitarian mission, not as a counterinsurgency
3. "The Spaghetti-Incident Principle" How to explain away the absurdities in the Bible.
Representative Sample: If you’ve ever cracked open the Bible, you’ve probably noticed that it’s full of things that everyone knows don’t actually happen, like firmaments and creationism and virgin births and miracle burning bushes.
4. "Some insight into Israeli settlements and peace" Some perspective on settlements.
Representative Sample: The Arabs’ total-denial approach to Israel never depended on settlement on a particular parcel of land. They are bothered by Jewish settlement in Israel in general. It’s enough to browse through the books of the “moderate” Palestinian Authority to see that Haifa, Jaffa and even Tel Aviv are considered Palestinian cities
5. "Neat" Pretty impressive.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.