1. "I am shocked - shocked - to find a radical in the Obama White House!" Funny & accurate.
Representative Sample:To judge by the Righty-sphere uproar - an uproar in which I have, gleefully, taken part. We're all shocked. Shocked. To find out that a radical liberal is serving in the White House. People, people, people.
2. "U.S. Rethinks Nuclear Strategy" Nuclear modernization? If so, it's about time.
Representative Sample: The Obama administration's Quadrennial Defense Review and a parallel review of U.S. nuclear posture could give the go-ahead to two long-debated programs: a next-generation missile-launching submarine (SSBN) and a new nuclear warhead.
3. "Zap the trash" Interesting technology.
Representative Sample:Instead of putting our trash into landfill what if we turned it into electricity and commercially usable biproducts? That’s exactly the promise of Plasma Recycling.
4. "Non-reasons for failure" Debunking three weak arguments against the Afghan War.
Representative Sample: 2. Victory is an old-fashioned concept unsuited to today’s complex wars. Victory has not gone away any more than defeat has. Victory is the securing of desired, or desirable political outcomes from a conflict. It will change its face and its character according to context.
5. "This should be fun: Japan’s first lady says she was abducted by aliens and knew Tom Cruise in a prior life" Hopefully her husband isn't quite as big of a nut.
Representative Sample:The 62-year-old also knew Tom Cruise in a former incarnation – when he was Japanese – and is now looking forward to making a Hollywood movie with him.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.