1. "The Third Nuclear Age" Excellent article on nuclear weapons.
Representative Sample: The danger posed by weapons is crucially dependent on their human modifiers. Guns in the hands of the Swiss are not the same as guns in the hands of a Sudanese militia. Enriched uranium in Australia is no worry; but uranium in the hands of Kim Jong Il is. It is changes to the political environment that create or diminish the problem even when the hardware remains the same.
2. "Obama, Hybrids, and Electric Vehicles" Vehicle technology and politics.
Representative Sample: will EVs, hybrids, biofueled or improved conventional cars dominate the future? The uncertainty is striking for a $5 trillion global auto and fuel supply market where there is agreement only that the number of cars will keep increasing, perhaps doubling to two billion by 2050, driven largely by the surging Chinese and Indian middle classes.
3. "18 Funniest Onion News Headlines About Religion" Good ones.
Representative Sample: God Answers Prayers Of Paralyzed Little Boy: 'No', says God
4. "Embrace The Party of NO" Things to say no to. A good list.
Representative Sample: I say we embrace their talking point
5. "President Obama bowing to some unlikely individuals"Apparently the president has an uncontrollable need to abase himself and the U.S.
Representative Sample: the President once again bowed, this time to Chinese President Hu Jintao. That wasn't the end of it though. Caught by the camera of photographers from the group, photoshopthenews.com, the following pictures of the President bowing to some unlikely individuals have just been released
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.