1. "If Regulations Aren’t Working, Add More Regulations" That sums up the Democratic approach.
Representative Sample: Democrats think they have a winner. They want to lather on some more financial regulations because regulators dropped the ball on enforcing what already exists. So as conservatives point out that what they are proposing is unnecessary or won’t work, they can gleefully say, “Republicans are for the fat cats, while we’re for the little guy.”
2. "Difference Between Liberals and Conservatives II" A comparison chart.
Representative Sample: Back in 2006 I wrote about The Difference Between Liberals and Conservatives and how the invention of beer was one the foundations of modern civilization and the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups: Liberals and Conservatives.
3. "There Is Nothing Off Limits To Collectivists" Big government always has something new to force you to do, because you are too stupid to take care of yourself.
Representative Sample:These "do-gooders" never stop. There is always another crisis for them to solve with more control over your lives. The tide of collectivism is truly relentless.
4. "Just Say No to a Gasoline Tax Hike" I'll second that. Explains why arguments in favor of a tax are bogus.
Representative Sample: The proposed gasoline tax increase will have no significant impact on greenhouse gas emissions. That’s because the demand curve for gasoline is rather inelastic. Hence, a 15 cent increase in gasoline prices – presuming that the entirety of the tax is passed on to consumers, which may not prove to be the case – would not discourage very much fuel consumption at all.
5. "Why We Are Hardwired for Belief in God" Interesting argument.
Representative Sample:Why do so many people believe in God? Although there is much cultural variation among different religious faiths, all have in common the belief in supernatural agents in the form of God, gods, or spirits who have intention and interact with us in the world. There are four lines of evidence pointing to the conclusion that such beliefs are hardwired into our brains.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.