1. "Words That Were Destined to Be Eaten" Ridiculous predictions of doom from 1970. Good to remember when you listen to current ridiculous predictions of doom.
Representative Sample:"Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years."
2. "The Fragile Left" Reasons for hope.
Representative Sample: the coming years could, instead, be a time of great peril for the Left. The tidal wave surging toward November may represent more than just a temporary partisan advantage for Republicans. The popularity of the Tea Party grows from the willingness of the public to question many of the basic assumptions behind the bloated, terminally ill super-State. This could result in significant damage to some institutions the Left has long relied upon for its money and muscle.
3. "“The next Obamacare target: Your bacon sandwich”" For your own good, of course.
Representative Sample: giving the government such a vested financial interest is dangerous precisely because the feds wield the kind of regulatory power that can take away our freedoms, all the while justifying such decisions based on a combination of what they’d call sound fiscal responsibility and improving “public health.” The result? Liberal fascism.
4. "Compounding One Mistake With Another: Dems Want to Implement Price Controls on Health Insurance Premiums" That's what happens when people disdainful of basic laws of market economics are put in charge.
Representative Sample:Price controls follow a predictable path. First, they create shortages. Companies simply will not be able to sustain a profit if they are required to provide a service for less than the cost to provide it. They’ll just stop offering health insurance.
5. "Countering liberal hate" By laughing at it.
Representative Sample: When you live in a country founded on individual liberty and personal freedom and you want to re-create as a land where the people are feeble wards of the state, you are on the wrong side. So you fight harder and dirtier and soon your little Saul Alinsky-ed heart is filled with hate and anger.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.