1. "Obama’s Nuclear Revision: Simply MAD."A good analysis.
Representative Sample:The enemy of good is perfection. And in his purely ideological bid to read a nuclear free world, he has put the United States, and the world, on a dangerous and risky path. In a shocking moment of truth, we now learn that Jimmy Carter actually was the right to our current President. If that doesn’t keep you up at night, nothing will.
2. "Whitewashing Virginia's history" Governor of VA creates impression that he doesn't think slavery had anything to do with the Civil War.
Representative Sample: McDonnell might claim that his statement is in anticipation of the 150-year anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War which starts next year. I know that Virginia is devoting a lot of effort on education and tourism for the 150-year anniversary, but that doesn't mean that they have to ignore the full history.
3. "You Weren’t Hand-Wringing Enough" Much ado about nothing.
Representative Sample: I saw targets identified, weapons identified, all this information radioed back, permission to engage requested, permission to engage granted. The video shows descriptions were not manipulated or massaged with the intent to mislead in order to get authorization to fire into a peaceful crowd
4. "War Profiteers" The situation in various parts of Africa.
Representative Sample: In short, Africa has returned to business as usual before the colonial era. It became fashionable in the 1960s to blame Africa's travails on the exiting European powers.
5. "Mount Sinai study finds only a weak link between fruit and vegetable and reduced risk of cancer" Supposed preventative effects overblown.
Representative Sample:An analysis by Mount Sinai researchers of over eight years of dietary data from more than 400,000 people has found that the relationship between high consumption of fruits and vegetables and a reduced risk of cancer is not as strong as commonly thought.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.