1. "What if the Palestinians Don’t Want a State?" Is there any evidence that the Palestinians are prepared to abandon their hostility to Israel's existence?
Representative Sample:What if, just as many prominent Israelis are more or less satisfied with current status quo, the Palestinian leadership is content for now with the Palestinians having “won” the rule of all of Gaza and 70% or so of the West Bank without giving up their claim to the right of return, or, for that matter, their desire for the ultimate destruction of Israel?
2. "Forget paying the taxes. Worry about paying for paying the taxes." The U.S. tax code = a giant, confusing mess. Includes video.
Representative Sample: We’ll spend 7.6 billion hours complying with the U.S. income tax code this year: that’s a full workyear for 3.8 million people.
3. "Is The US Prepared For Bioweapons Decontamination?" Short answer: no.
Representative Sample: A new report by the UPMC Center for Biosecurity suggests that the US remains unprepared for the task of decontaminating the site of a major biological weapon attack. Decontamination after the comparatively small-scale Anthrax attacks of 2001 is estimated to have cost hundreds of millions of dollars, while shuttering some facilities for as long as two years. By comparison, the costs of a larger scale attack on a major city could be staggering.
4. "Blessed Are The Arms Dealers" Peace thru strength.
Representative Sample: It seems that disarmanent is being sought as though it will bring world peace. In reality, when a sane country with a well founded fear of aggression arms itself well, it increases the likelihood of peace.
5. "India wants fleet of Israeli killer UAVs"Another big Israeli-Indian arms deal in the making?
Representative Sample:New Delhi wants to muster at least 25-30 of the armed unmanned aerial vehicles from Israel, one of its key arms suppliers and a global leader in unmanned aerial vehicle technology
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.