1. "Who Inherited What?" Inherited problems go back much further than G.W. Bush.
Representative Sample: Although it is getting very tiresome and it is losing it’s bite, Democrats still are desparately clinging to “we inherited eight years of Bush policies, yada, yada, yada.” Was it eight years? If so, how did he get re-elected in 2004? I will be among the first to say that Bush wandered off the conservative reservation with his spending, but Bush didn’t create Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac either.
2. "The Religion of Fear Itself, or Why I Despise Modern Liberals (reason 334)" A very interesting take on Stephen Hawking's comments about aliens. I don't agree with all of it, but it's worth reading.
Representative Sample: Why is Hawking so frightened? And why does he think should the rest of us be afraid? Because liberal ideology -- and in particular disgust with Western civilization and unthinking acceptance of all the environmenalist myth-making about the unnaturalness of humanity -- leads many liberals into despair and terror.
3. "Does accepting philosophical ideas limit intellectual freedom?"A good analysis.
Representative Sample:There is a definite and vocal group of people who besides rejecting religions do reject also all systems of philosophy, as they seem to fear that accepting even any philosophical ideas would somehow limit their intellectual freedom.
4. "Iran: Military Sea Drills"A look at things we may have to destroy at some point in the future.
Representative Sample: The drills reveal that Iran's sea-side defense is built around a combination of missiles, mines and swarm attack small boats, including an alleged missile firing remotely controlled "sonar-evading" boat as set out in IRGC unveils homemade vessel:
5. "The never-ending bailout" Links and excerpts a good article at the WSJ.
Representative Sample: We are witnessing the gutting of the competitive banking system by the administration.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.