1. "Open borders, immigration and reality" One of the best recent articles on immigration and borders.
Representative Sample: Since the welfare state doesn’t appear to be going away any time soon (if ever) either, again it seems rather silly to argue that “open borders” is a viable solution. Yes, it’s an ideologically pure libertarian solution, but it denies reality. That doesn’t mean it’s not a good goal, but it does mean that in the current situation, no one is going to listen to it seriously or give it any credence.
2. "Fighting Statism" Interesting essay advocating individual liberty.
Representative Sample: voters today do not question the bipartisan violation of their rights. A vote for either party results in the same unfavorable outcome: a politician with no moral qualms about trampling your rights as an individual. Voting alone will not solve this problem.
3. "Credit Where Its Due: Jon Stewart" John Stewart may bash the right, but he recognizes the true enemy. Includes video.
Representative Sample: hearing him make the distinction between "basically decent human beings" he disagrees with and who are "at worst, worthy adversaries" (like Bernie Goldberg and Fox News) and the real enemy is something I've waited a long time to hear from him.
4. "Hamas' interior minister's sick daughter airlifted by Israel to Jordan" Imagine if the situation were reversed.
Representative Sample: Israel immediately acceded to a Hamas request to help the sick daughter of their interior minister.
5. "3 Men Arrested After Offering Human Sacrifice to Goddess" Another reminder that Islamic extremists aren't the only crazed religious fanatics.
Representative Sample: Three Indian men were arrested for killing and beheading a man. The head for adorned with flowers and was thought to be part of a human sacrifice to the goddess Kali.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.