1. "Obama’s Philosophy: America, The Enemy of Peace?" Obama has said many stupid things, but this one is up near the top.
Representative Sample:How far left have Democrats come in the last half century? Well, Bill Clinton would have never been so stupid to say such a thing, even if he believed it. Even Jimmy Carter understood the place of America in the maintenance of peace and security.
2. "Apologetics that Annoy Me" You'll hear these same weak arguments over and over from Christians.
Representative Sample: some of these claims annoy me more than others. Usually, this is because the logic behind them is so patently flawed, or the fallacies so obvious, that even an evangelist with no formal education in critical thinking ought to be able to spot them.
3. "Holding Pope Benedict Responsible"A good analysis.
Representative Sample: covering up the crimes is not a "crime against humanity." Covering up a crime is, in fact, a crime, and don't think I'm trying to excuse it morally. But is it really the same thing as torture or genocide perpetrated on tens of thousands of people from a position of governmental power?
4. "God's Top 50 Killings: How do you rate them?" Rating God's greatest hits.
Representative Sample:God sent two bears to rip apart 42 boys for making fun of a prophet's bald head
5. "Mixed-race people perceived as 'more attractive'" Interesting study.
Representative Sample: "A random sample of black, white, and mixed-race faces was collected and rated for their perceived attractiveness. There was a small but highly significant effect, with mixed-race faces, on average, being perceived as more attractive."
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.