Thursday, April 1, 2010

President Obama Vows to Stick to the Truth

President Obama has come to a startling conclusion in the aftermath of the bruising health care fight. He faces an uphill battle to enact other major legislative priorities, the country is more polarized than ever, and his job approval is slipping. With all that in mind, the president has decided it might be time to employ a new political tactic: telling the truth. He offered these candid thoughts.
I've been thinking, maybe it really is time for a change. No, seriously. Let me be clear. I know lying is part of a politician's job description. I've been lying like crazy about pretty much everything, and lying has been good to me. That's one of the main reasons I was elected. So far my motto has been to tell as big a lie as possible. Look at our campaign to portray the entire tea party movement, and by extension the Republican party as a bunch of racists and potential terrorists. I mean, that's about as big a lie as you can come up with, and we've been pushing it hard. But you know, I think we've gone about as far as we can go with this whole lying tactic. It just doesn't seem to be working as well as it did before, and it seems the American people want change. I'm all about change. I'm about changing America into a place where the government runs more and more of the economy, and pretty much everything else. Now look carefully and see what I did there, in that last sentence in case you missed it. I told the unvarnished truth. That's the kind of straight talk you can expect from this president from now on.
Thanks to President Obama for taking time out to speak with us on this April Fools Day.

3 comments: