1. "Bill Clinton's Fertilizer Bomb" A good response to Bill Clinton's attempt to demonize everyone against big government as potential Tim McVeighs.
Representative Sample: Our founders constructed a system of government that was strictly limited, based on an understanding of power's corrupting influence. If it is irrational to fear overweening government, and if that fear predictably leads to violence, the Framers were loony rabble-rousers.
2. "The strategic foundations of the US-Israel alliance" Makes many excellent points.
Representative Sample: In both military and non-military spheres, Israeli technological achievements - often developed with US support - are shared with America. The benefits the US has gained from Israeli technological advances in everything from medical equipment to microchips to pilotless aircraft are without peer worldwide.
3. "an American Imam replies to an American Jihadist" Refuting the extremists, and doing so based on Islamic theology.
Representative Sample: As for your call for American Muslims to wage jihad against our country and homeland; the land that you are urging us to wage war against, is the land of our homes that we are obligated to protect.
4. "I voted Democrat because..." Reasons to vote Democratic.
Representative Sample: I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
5. "can we really end civilization with nukes?" In theory.
Representative Sample: when we take radiation into account, it seems that the given total of 10,225 bombs is about 36 times more than we will ever need to destroy or poison every square centimeter of inhabited land on Earth. Even the least affected territory in this scenario would send Geiger counters to 900 rem, more than enough to trigger a slow and very painful death about two weeks after exposure.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.