1. "It's funny how these supposed champions of the Enlightenment can't grasp that people can disagree with them for honest reasons " When you have a holy crusade, disagreement must be evil.
Representative Sample: Lashing out at the town hall protesters, playing the race card, whining about angry white men and whispering ominously about right-wing militias is almost always a sign of liberalism's weakness — a failure of the imagination
2. "It Started with Plato" The intellectual roots of statism.
Representative Sample: The controversy is almost as old as civilization. It began in ancient Greece, almost four hundred years before the Christian era, with the doctrines of Plato. He was the first of the "planners" and the true founder of the communist economy which deifies the state. In his Republic the Athenian philosopher set out a virtual blueprint for the evolution of what has come to be called the "Welfare State."
3. "Why lunar cities are still science fiction" Good article that advocates NASA partnering with private aerospace corporations to help overcome the obstacles.
Representative Sample: the ideas for how to make a lunar city are on the right track, in reality they face two major problems that could prove to be too much to overcome. To build something on another world, even one just a quarter million miles away, requires a lot of money and a lot of commitment.
4. "Magical! Obama has a great new idea on healthcare! [Darleen Click] UPDATED" Obama to focus on pitching healthcare as a "moral imperative" (a more subtle way of saying holy crusade).
Representative Sample: OOooo!! More teleprompter, less embarrassing questions from the hoi polloi! How wonderful, how fresh, how transformational! Don’t worry, be happy and pass the Hopium.
5. "Questions for Theists" Good luck coming up with satisfactory answers.
Representative Sample: 1. Would you be able to enjoy Heaven knowing that people you love are tormented in Hell ?
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.