1. "CIA Memo’s Released – More Evidence Why We Need To Support Our Intelligence Community, Not Throw Them To The Wolves" Freeing terrorists and prosecuting the people working to protect the U.S. -- that's the Obama way.
Representative Sample: Dick Cheneys words need to be quoted over and over again. “The people involved deserve our gratitude. They do not deserve to be the targets of political investigations or prosecutions.”
2. "Marine Earns Navy Cross for Valor Under Fire" This could easily have been a Medal of Honor, but fortunately he survived.
Representative Sample: Weinmaster shoved Wilkerson out of the way then jumped toward the grenade to try and smother the blast. As he jumped, the grenade exploded sending the majority of its shrapnel into Weinmaster.
3. "First High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group (HIP) Log Obtained" Great minds think alike.
Representative Sample: Session begins. Detainee is given a mocha latté grandé and offered a selection of croissants and pastries. Detainee sips mocha latté grandé and complains that it is too hot. Detainee spits mouthful (appr. 2 oz.) into SGT R 's face, calls him "infidel goat-lover".
4. "US and UK Outreach, Public Diplomacy To Iran Backfire Spectacularly"" Surprise! Projecting weakness somehow not effective.
Representative Sample: It is interesting that there are foreign policy experts who ritualistically intone that Iran's paranoia over foreign interference is "unfortunately" justified and foreign policy experts who insist that we have to embrace public diplomacy and those are often the same foreign policy experts.
5. "Women as soldiers – an update" Links to several articles.
Representative Sample: Women represent 2.4% of the casualties and 11% of the troops. If these numbers are accurate, men are 5.1 times more likely to be killed than women. Including mercs, tens of thousands — mostly men — probably raises the ratio even higher. This ratio might have changed during the past 8 years, as the role of women has changed.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.