1. "Health Care: When "the Worst" Is Enemy of "Bad Enough"" Explaining why Democrats don't understand the basics of capitalism, or pretend not to.
Representative Sample: we should find all the barriers to true competition in the market -- and eliminate them, one by one, until there are no impediments left to a true, free market in health insurance.
2. "Afstan: A "war of necessity"?" Debunking the "war of necessity"/"war of choice" nonsense.
Representative Sample: there is a deeper reason, as well, for Obama to claim necessity in Afghanistan. It is part of what increasingly seems to be a striving for moral purity in international affairs by this administration. Obama and his top advisers apologize for America's past sins, implicitly suggesting they will commit no new ones. And that goes for fighting wars.
3. "Seventy Years Ago Today: The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact" Signed 70 years ago today, dated the 23rd. An interesting look back.
Representative Sample: A key feature of the agreeement, however, was the secret protocols that accompanied it, by which the USSR and Germany divided eastern and central Europe into “spheres of influence”
4. "Sorry, No Pity Here" One story about the housing bubble.
Representative Sample: You do not buy products with money that you do not even have, and expect me to pity you. Of course, the best thing that the stupid liberals can say, is that this is all Bush’s fault.
5. "Old Barackee Beer" Stupid yet funny.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.