1. "A Day in the Life of a Right-Wing Extremist" Just a typical day. A must read.
Representative Sample: 2:05 PM: My driver takes me to target practice in the Hummer. While cruising on the freeway, toss 500 Obama Joker posters out the window. Laugh maniacally.
2. "Speaking Truth To Power? No Longer Welcome!" It's never welcome when the targets are on the left.
Representative Sample: What is becoming increasingly apparent as America watches this train wreck unfold – and concerned Americans are characterized as enemies of freedom – is that all the previous talk about “dissent” and “patriotism” and “speaking truth to power”, not to mention a “right to debate and disagree with any administration”, was just words.
3. "Christian Privilege in Australia, as demonstrated by our Prime Minister" Compare and contrast his reaction to Islamic sexual abuse vs. Catholic.
Representative Sample: Very easy to criticise a radical cleric, but when it comes to putting pressure on an organisation involved in world wide systematic sexual abuse of children it’s hands off. Because the church can be trusted to self regulate.
4. "Russia's potential" Interesting analysis of Russia.
Representative Sample: Russia is the single largest non-NATO country close to Europe (and actually in large part in Europe). It's therefore naturally the first choice for anyone who wants to check on the possibility of major conventional warfare in Europe.
5. "Submarines: Why Worry?" The evolution and multiple roles of submarines.
Representative Sample: The submarine is a unique and amazing invention in that after its modern incarnation a little over 100 years ago it continues to evolve, while surface warships such as aircraft carriers, cruisers, and destroyers have changed little ( save in size, cost, and weaponry) since World War 2, and in some cases have regressed.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.