1. "Shocker! Obama Pentagon to Bury Bush Doctrine" Preemption doesn't go well with appeasement.
Representative Sample: If there's one thing leftists hate more than anything else about the foreign policy of George W. Bush, it was the administration's bold willingness to use force in defense of American interests.
2. "Is Debate Between Believers And Non-Believers Inevitably Futile?" Depends on the individuals involved. Long but interesting post.
Representative Sample:It is more prejudicial to write off anyone as so obtuse and impervious to reason that there is no use in talking to them about a given topic. In fact, not only is it prejudicial, it is dangerous, because it risks being a self-fulfilling prophecy that not only leaves someone in error but leaves them to worsen in their errors.
3. "No Sanctuary Cities for Conservatives" On the left's extension of political attacks into the personal lives and livelihoods of opponents.
Representative Sample: A key ingredient is the race card, the false accusation of racism. It worked well for Obama during the campaign, and has been refined over the past nine months as documented here repeatedly. The Limbaugh case is a good example.
4. "Good Athelete, Not a Good Terrorist Hunter" Colorado goes way overboard encouraging citizen paranoia about terrorism, using John Elway as a spokesman. Includes video.
Representative Sample: Given the rarity of terrorists and terrorism planning in this country, hunting terrorists using the list of “signs” in this video would cause people to be wrong about 100% of the time. Americans have much of the knowledge and all the incentive they need to report truly suspicious activity without videos encouraging them to see terrorism in every shadow.
5. "Taliban Strength Nears Military Proportion" More bad news on the war front.
Representative Sample: A recent U.S. intelligence assessment has raised the estimated number of full-time Taliban-led insurgents fighting in Afghanistan to at least 25,000, underscoring how the crisis has worsened even as the U.S. and its allies have beefed up their military forces
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.