1. "Ever Wonder Where All That Money Goes?" Links to a detailed list of 50 ways the government wastes your money.
Representative Sample: Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them–costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually–fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.
2. "The Impossible Dream In Afghanistan" Why is it so difficult to build a competent Afghan army?
Representative Sample: Afghanistan has never had nothing even remotely resembling a capable, structured, loyal army. Worse, the legacy of corruption and inefficiency in the army is far worse than in Iraq..
3. "Public-Employee Unions vs. the Public" Another annoying feature of big government.
Representative Sample: While union membership has been declining for more than 50 years in the private sector as the economy moved away from manufacturing and into services and high-tech industry, union membership among government employees has soared.
4. "“Who are you to judge God?”" Takes on a common theist argument.
Representative Sample: Whenever an atheist says that God, if he existed, would be wrong to allow pointless suffering or command rape and genocide, a believer is quick to ask Who are you to judge God?
5. "Follies of Health Care Centralization" Let's decentralize it instead.
Representative Sample: It’s a bad joke for Democrats to pretend that their health care agenda will ever provide a single dollar of savings. How stupid do they think we are? Truth is, unfortunately, that there are millions of people who either want to be fooled or simply don’t care about the lie.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.