1. "The Dead Vote and Jobs Are Saved, Praise Obama" The administration apparently thinks it can just make up anything and people will believe it.
Representative Sample:The porkulus program has created or saved at least 650,000 jobs, according to a report released by the Obama administration on Friday. Hmmm.
2. "Halloween is 'dangerous' says the Pope as he slams 'anti-Christian' festival" Apparently the Pope is as big of a nut as Pat Robertson. Although at least he didn't mention "demonic candy."
Representative Sample: The Vatican attempted to put a brake on the growing popularity of Halloween yesterday, branding it anti-Christian and dangerous.
3. "Honduran government caves into US pressure, agrees to Zelaya’s restitution" An Obama foreign policy success -- too bad it damages U.S. interests.
Representative Sample: envoy for Latin America Thomas Shannon went to Honduras to twist arms: his position was that the November 29 elections would not be recognized unless Zelaya was returned to power. I guess nothing ensures democracy like restoring to power the guy who did his outmost to undermine democracy, at least in Shannon’s eyes.
4. "Rigged In Advance" I'm not in favor of preemptive conspiracy theories. But corruption during the election wouldn't be surprising -- give that the state government is riddled with corruption, starting at the top. The post has some good points about what should be done.
Representative Sample: You want trust in government? Start with clean elections. Then stop the patronage. Then start showing some fiscal accountability. Then some fiscal responsibility. Yeah, I’m dreaming. But until all of those things happen, and continue to happen for several years, then both sides of the aisle are lying crooks in my book.
5. "Health-care Moochers & Looters" An opinion guaranteed to produced sputtering hysterical outrage among liberals.
Representative Sample: these two groups have, over the past 50 years, come very close to destroying the USA. This health-care bill is their crowning glory. If they pass it, the USA will be on life support. Throw on cap & trade and we are dead.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.