1. "Why the left isn't socialist" Similar but different.
Representative Sample: just because they are reconciled to the survival of capitalist enterprise doesn't mean they have to like it. And the sentiment that capitalism is evil emphatically survived the failure of state ownership.
2. "Preserving the American Nuclear Deterrent" It's main enemy? Obama's dangerous naivete and utopian thinking.
Representative Sample: the nuclear peace of the last 60 years has perhaps dulled the sense of urgency that ought normally reside in discussions of high nuclear politics. Should the administration carry out its repeated pledges to make dramatic unilateral cuts in U.S. stockpiles, our country's national security might well face new extreme dangers.
3. "Aegis Battleships Misused in Drug War" Why are billion dollar warships serving as offshore patrol boats?
Representative Sample: For the job currently performed by the Ticonderoga supercruisers and Burke superdestroyers, chasing down smugglers in motorized skiffs or pirates in speed boats and dhows, we see the same function performed adequately, perhaps better by 1000 ton offshore patrol vessels.
4. "Obama in talks with wildfire" Engagement.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
5. "Dictator or NFL coach?" Take the quiz.
Representative Sample: links to a quiz.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.