1. "Not improving upon closer acquaintance" The more you see of Obama, the less there is to like.
Representative Sample: Now that we've had a year or so to get to know our president, are there any among us who like him more than we did before the election?
2. "Getting What They Wanted" Surprise! Europeans still critical of America even with Obama in charge.
Representative Sample: I guess they'll always be waiting for us to do something or to stop doing something. When they lack the military power to control their own destiny beyond their borders, they'll always complain about America
3. "Liberalism is not Neutral and not a Shield" UN surprised to find itself the target of terrorist attack.
Representative Sample: The UN adheres to universal values, such as respect for the rule of law, democracy, human rights, access to food for all. Sadly, many in the UN (and many of its supporters) are blind to the fact that these are liberal and Western values
4. "Поехали! Russia Plans Atomic-Powered Spaceship" Where's ours?
Representative Sample: this new spacecraft — which will have a preliminary design by 2012 — is supposed to help Russia maintain its edge in space, and possibly allow travel to the Moon or Mars.
5. "Japan Completes Testing of the First Missile Defense AEGIS Destroyer" Naval missile defense in Asia.
Representative Sample: In this test, the Japanese navy Ship was cruising off the coast of Kauai in Hawaii, intercepted a ballistic missile target launched from the island.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.