1. "Decline the Decline" Too alarmist, but I agree that any decline will be mostly self-inflicted.
Representative Sample: we’re at a turning point, a spiritual Valley Forge. We could go one way or another. Not, as Reagan said, “left or right”, but “up or down–up to man’s age-old dream-the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism.”
2. "World Politics Review: Iranian Naval Patrols Mystify Pirate-Hunting Coalition" What are the Iranians up to?
Representative Sample:Tehran announced it would send warships to protect Iranian shipping from attack. The first Iranian flotilla apparently departed in May, and a second group set sail several months later. But the deployed vessels never integrated into the international coalition, and therefore do not benefit from the international cooperation. The Iranian ships operate alone, in silence and secrecy
3. "RANDOM THOUGHTS ON COUNTERING AN INSURGENCY (Part 3)" Many good points from the founder of a private military company.
Representative Sample: insurgents remain unidentifiable until the population turns against them. This is the crux of any successful COIN campaign.
4. "Centralized, Authoritarian Government FAIL"A litany of big government failure. And he left many things out, such as the disastrous "War on Drugs."
Representative Sample: The “War on Poverty” started in 1964 - you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor”; it hasn’t worked and our entire country is broke
5. "Animals With Lightsabers" Many animals.
Representative Sample: It's a series of graphics.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.