1. "US Losing Space Race" Overly pessimistic and ignores successes, but still makes important points.
Representative Sample: It isn’t just commercial communications satellites and space exploration where the US is fading. A string of enormous and nearly complete failures in developing intelligence satellites has left the administration and Congress exceedingly wary of funding new programs
2. "Why Left Wing Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism" This is a broad-brush, but it definitely applies to part of the left.
Representative Sample: it has become a commonplace attitude on the left to presume that Israel has no right to defend the lives of its citizens, because those lives are somehow inferior to those of their attackers. It is of course not a new attitude, only an old attitude coming to the fore among the left once again.
3. "Limbaugh calls for public option" No, not for healthcare.
Representative Sample: Rush Limbaugh called for a public option today, stunning supporters of the talk radio firebrand.
4. "Tell me again about how gay people are treated equally?" One glaring example of why gay marriage rights are necessary.
Representative Sample: The Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida, refused Janice Langbehn and her children the right to visit her dying life partner, Lisa Pond, solely on the grounds that – get this – she was “in an anti-gay city and state”.
5. "Type A Limited God" Why was God is such a rush when he created Earth?
Representative Sample: If you believe in the Book of Genesis in the Old Testament, which is the foundation of Judeo-Christian faith, I think you have to come to the conclusion that God has a Type A personality and is a touch less than omnipotent.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.