1. "Killing or capturing al Qaeda leaders discussed; liberal Democrats OUTRAGED!" Maybe the CIA should restrict its activities to writing strongly-worded memos. Then Democrats might be happy.
Representative Sample: We can all rest a lot easier now that America’s defense is in the hands of these über-partisan assclowns. Playing politics with national security? It’s what they are. It’s what they do.
2. "Obama's Science Czar John Holdren, Wrong Now and in 1977"Another bad appointment by Obama? You might think he was an inexperienced amateur who has no idea what he's doing.
Representative Sample: this guy has also advocated denying part of the population basic rights based on their level of education and lifestyle. I think that part of his past needs to be probed just as much as the suggestions he has made in the past. Because his current views are relevant especially considering how unacceptable his past views are.
3. "Krugman best taken in reverse" Links to an excellent article about Paul Krugman & Keynesians.
Representative Sample: If all the economists were laid end to end, they'd never reach a conclusion. - George Bernard Shaw There are numerous versions of Shaw's dictum, boiling down to one thing - no matter how many economists one consults, the actual answer is almost never found, not even one that can be worked with profitably.
4. "Walking the High Frontier" Why we need space exploration.
Representative Sample:The exploration and eventual colonization of space provides a new goal, and a new American mythos. It ties into those American values of exploration and innovation (with a touch of rebellion- what’s more rebellious than leaving your home planet?).
5. "The Electric Car: Environmental Menace" It wouldn't be if we had a power grid supplied by nuclear energy. But we don't, thanks largely to the same environmentalists who are interested in things like electric cars.
Representative Sample: A plug-in electric car may not emit any carbon dioxide from the tailpipe. But the electricity has to come from somewhere, and typically grid electricity is generated by burning coal. Because gasoline is a much more energy-rich fuel than coal, a low-mileage gasoline car is much better for the environment.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.