1. "The Small Business Solution" The GOP should focus its economic efforts on promoting small business.
Representative Sample: there is much to be said for shifting the attention of federal help from leviathans like General Motors, whose unions make them uneconomical and whose large corporate salaries make them convenient whipping-boys in the public media, and instead making the spread of entrepreneurial spirit the primary focus of all plans to make our economy grow.
2. "Deterrence" The reality behind talk of extending a "defense umbrella."
Representative Sample: Why do the same liberals and “progressives” who react with horror to any suggestion of conventional military action often speak so glibly about “nuclear umbrellas” and “massive retaliation”–phrases that in reality refer to the killing of millions of people? I think it is partly because they feel sure that these things will stay in the realm of words and never become part of the realm of reality.
3. "A Word To The “Birthers”" Short but to-the-point advice. Unfortunately reason is wasted on conspiracy-theory nuts.
Representative Sample: Barack Obama is from Hawaii, he’s the president, there is no “smoking gun” here and you need to get off of this before you further ruin your credibility.
4. "Prioritized lives" Long but interesting article on healthcare.
Representative Sample: advances in science, safe food production, healthcare and prosperity have allowed people, worldwide, to live longer, healthier and wealthier lives
5. "Little Known Provisions of HR3200" These may be made-up, but the real provisions are almost as bad.
Representative Sample: The Federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) will be setting up a network of "national nannies" who will be coming to everyone's home to make sure they eat their vegetables and get to bed on time.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.