1. "Obama's new rule: When the math doesn't work, reject math and shoot the messenger" I don't know if I'd call it a "new" rule. Seems like standard procedure for the administration.
Representative Sample: When the math behind Barack Obama's health care plans doesn't work, Obama attacks math. Now, he doesn't do it directly. He gets Peter Orzsag to debase his intellect for Obama's political ends.
2. "Diplomacy 101 from Joe Biden" Even mainstream foreign policy analysts notice that Joe Biden is a complete idiot.
Representative Sample: I'm pretty sure, however, that part of "smart power" is not being gratuitously insulting to fellow members of the nuclear club. Maybe, just maybe, they'll take this kind of dumbass statement personally.
3. "Choosing Freedom Over a Strict Religious Life" Interesting story about a girl who left the ultra-Orthodox community in Israel.
Representative Sample: It’s extremely courageous for Sarah to come out as an atheist when you consider the strict world she’s leaving behind. She is refusing to have an arranged marriage at a young age, she is refusing to have a quiverfull of children, she is refusing to wear mandatory headgear, and she is refusing to obey any rabbi.
4. "The Flying Tigers of Afghanistan" A-10s in action.
Representative Sample:They trace their heritage back to the famous Flying Tigers of WWII's war-torn China. In homage to the storied Airmen of the past, the 74th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron, deployed from Moody Air Force Base, Ga., still has the iconic sharks face painted on the front of their A-10 Thunderbolt II's, lovingly nicknamed the "Warthog.
5. "Myths of American Health Care" The non-existent healthcare "crisis." Links to another good article.
Representative Sample: Despite the massive regulation and control of American health care, the remaining market element is still able to delivery world class health outcomes.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.