1. "Why The Rush On Health Care?" Because Democrats want to ram it through while they can.
Representative Sample: The urgency about health care legislation today is rooted in political expediency. Unlike the stimulus, where the perception of economic Armageddon was the hammer used to pass the legislation, there is no healthcare crisis.
2. "Pentagon to Ditch Two-War Strategy" We don't have enough money to maintain that type of strategy, but we have enough to waste on every ill-advised domestic big government program Obama is pushing.
Representative Sample: One of the fundamental underpinnings of the U.S. military for most of the last 50 years will soon be scrapped according to a top Pentagon official.
3. "On “Federalism” And “Originalism”" Why are originalists in favor of federalism?
Representative Sample: Something that has always bothered me is why Libertarians and Conservatives, particularly those who expound on the theory of “originalism”, would advocate a return to Federalism.
4. "The Baffling Bureaucracy in the Dems’ Health Care Plan"Big government at its finest -- complete with handy organizational chart.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
5. "Notes to a Christian Professor" It shouldn't be necessary to explain the same basic concepts about atheism & atheists to theists over & over, but unfortunately it is.
Representative Sample: Let’s be clear on this: Atheists don’t believe a god exists. That’s very different from claiming that one absolutely, positively doesn’t exist. I don’t believe in a god for the same reasons I don’t believe in unicorns, Santa Claus, and ugly-looking-Swedish-people.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.