1. "Stop Subsidizing the Palestinian Authority" We'd be better off just burning the money.
Representative Sample: As we have seen long before Barack Obama became president, the United States and the rest of the international community (mainly other Western democracies) were subsidizing a Palestinian regime that combined anarchy with tyranny. But the Obama Administration’s policy will probably be worse.
2. "Solar eclipse pits superstition against science" Charlatans take advantage of natural event to capitalize on superstition.
Representative Sample: Indian astrologers are predicting violence and turmoil across the world as a result of this week’s total solar eclipse, which the superstitious and religious view as a sign of potential doom.
3. "About those czars" Links to a site that has an in-depth look at Obama's czars.
Representative Sample: Obama has now added to his roster more czars than ever ruled all of Russia through its long history. But who are these people? Terresa, at Noisy Room, decided to find out. Without exception, it makes for very disturbing reading.
4. "Taliban Fighters Attack Outposts in Burkas" The Taliban strengthens the case of those who want to ban burkas.
Representative Sample: Afghan and U.S. forces repelled a coordinated Taliban assault in two major cities in eastern Afghanistan today as suicide bombers armed with rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles attacked government installations and a US base in the cities of Gardez and Jalalabad.
5. "The "Irreversible Collapse"" Russia's grandiose naval ambitions shattered by drop in oil prices. What are the strategic implications?
Representative Sample: The solution? Play to your strengths, which in today's Russia are (a) Its ICBM force, and (b) U.S. willingness to cut its own strategic arsenal.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.