1. "Hands Off Honduras" Obama, continuing to support the wrong side.
Representative Sample:Poor and tiny Honduras faces the full wrath of the United States, United Nations, and much of the rest of the world, while nothing is done about Iran. On Iran, Obama and the world acted with the utmost deference, and there were no efforts by the Obama administration at international action. None.
2. "Human Rights Watch Holds Saudi Fundraiser, Promises To Demonize Israel" A human rights organization that's horribly biased against Israel? Unfortunately not surprising.
Representative Sample: How execrable does a human rights organization have to be when they're raising money in Saudi Arabia - a country where women are functionally non-citizens and homosexuality is a crime punishable by death - and that's not the most unethical part of the story.
3. "On Media Diversity" The lack thereof.
Representative Sample: Is there any difference whatsoever in the editorial stances of ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBS, PBS, or NPR on those issues?
4. "Is there a place for atheists in America?" I certainly like to think so. But as the post points out, we are still a despised minority.
Representative Sample: “where are the voices of the ‘everyday’ atheist?” I think that too many of us remain in the closet with all but our closest friends for the very reason that we fear being subjected to the ignorance of certain believers.
5. "In which I infiltrate Team Red and Team Blue and report my findings" A libertarian reports on his interactions with & observations of conservatives and progressives.
Representative Sample:Neither the conservatives nor progressives with whom I interact seem to know many members of the opposing tribe -- by and large, the opposition are treated as aliens encountered only rarely, and then, hopefully, on neutral ground.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.