Saturday, March 21, 2009

Faith-based Funding for Atheism

I've written about the Atheist Bus Campaign a couple of times, and I just happened to see an article in the Daily Mail online. Apparently the atheist advertising is actually being partially funded with money intended to promote Christianity, as part of building "faith communities."

As an atheist I find this pretty amusing. And since I'm a U.S. citizen not a British one, I'm not too worried that British tax money supporting a particular program is being spent on something diametrically opposed to the goals of that program. But it's yet another example of how pretty much any government views taxpayer funds-- as free money to be spent however the bureaucrats decide.

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY fair comment. Having worked with the government in Britain on advertising campaigns, I can attest to the fact that many find the effort of actually finding places to SPEND all this 'annoying' money to be a source of frustration.

    ReplyDelete