1. "Released GITMO Detainees Should Go Back To Their Own Country - To be Tortured or Not" I'll second that.
Representative Sample: China is a Full Member of the United Nations right up to holding a permanent Seat on the UN's Security Council. What happens to the Chinese Uighurs upon their return to China by the US is not our problem.
2. "A Mexican Standoff with Reality" Why we should take a worst-case view of the Mexican situation.
Representative Sample: This line that Mexico is fundamentally sound, while helpful to President Calderon’s political standing when expressed in public, is analytically speaking, sheer nonsense, and if enforced in private, counterproductive
3. "Hope And Change: Obama Administration Won’t Be Touching “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” Policy" Issue to go on the back-burner.Representative Sample: making a decision on that would require some actual leadership from the President on a tough, divisive issue. And we all know Obama favors form over substance. Pretty speeches, not a lot of meaning.
4. "If Ashley Biden was Sarah Palin’s Daughter and got Caught with Cocaine, The Media Would Be On Fire" Stating the obvious is sometimes necessary. There are actually people who don't believe most major media slants Democratic.
Representative Sample: If Ashley were Sarah Palin’s daughter, would the media not have had this FRONT PAGE NEW[s] OF EVERY PAPER IN THE WORLD with no vetting at all?
5. "Sex offender says he will continue to molest children; is released anyway" Our legal system at work.
Representative Sample: A convicted sex offender due to be released Saturday from prison after serving 11 months warned in letters that if set free, he would reoffend, even against children. In the letters, Michael McGill begged authorities to keep him locked up for life.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.