1. "What a ‘Cyber Katrina’ event might look like" Hypothetical, but unfortunately plausible.
Representative Sample: all of our nation’s nuclear power plants were targeted in a massive distributed denial of service attack orchestrated by the Conficker III botnet which had grown to a heretofore unheard of 30,000,000+ infected PCs.
2. "Quick Thought: The Karaoke President"An interesting way of looking at Obama.
Representative Sample: since Obama is pretty much just singing along with golden oldies… Karaoke President seems to fit. Should come as no surprise if he hits a sour note or two.
3. "What Does the Marine Corps Want to Be?" What is the future core mission of the Marine Corps?
4. "The right to bear nunchucks" Legal fight against another idiotic weapons ban.
Representative Sample: law firm of Kirkland and Ellis has appealed to the Supreme Court a case to incorporate the Second Amendment to the states in a case concerning the right of a citizen to possess the weapon of choice for ninjas
5. "Serfs Up" Ugh. This conspiracy theory is appearing on various right-wing blogs. I agree with Confederate Yankee on many issues, but Obama trashing the economy on purpose? Get a grip.
Representative Sample: The more Barack Obama can wreck the economy, the more he can turn individuals—and some states—into destitute big government dependents.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.